Monday 23 December 2013

I have arrived in the USA - Yay!

The flights from Cape Town to JHB and then to JFK were fine and even the food on SAA was passable. Moved to an Exit isle seat as the plane was not too full. Once here, the trip to North Haven and Tim and Barbara was pleasant in a Ford (Yay!) 16-seater and took 2 hours. Snow on the ground, but not so cold - over 50F. Hot cup of Twinings Earl Grey tea awaited me and it was so good to see both Tim and Barb after three years absence.
Of course I looked out for Mustangs along the way and was totally happy that the first one was Ford Performance Blue. Good sign.
Went to church Sunday morning and immediately got confronted with 'anti-gay' comments which really angered me, but I let it go as it was not my church as I went for Tim's sake. I don't believe in institutional religion and less so to be preached to. I know who I am and what my beliefs are and how I see God. I know my truth.
We leave for Victor in Northern New York State tomorrow, Tuesday 24 for Christmas with no snow in sight for the next 4 days, so no white Christmas.
Now that the travels have started, I realize how much I will miss you all. You are in my thoughts even in the early hours as 'jet-lag' persists and I lie awake knowing how privileged I have been to meet and get to know so many amazing people.
Love you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment