Wednesday 3 September 2014

Sherborne and back to London again.

Florist at Waterloo where I bought a Rose for Alan and Mardeen's garden in Sherborne. Another plant for my trip.

Tried to get a shot of an alotment on the train ride to Sherborne. Love this tradition.

Dorset countryside en route.

Sherborne Cathedral from whence Sherborne College oemerged in around 1156. Not a young school.

A shot in the cloisters at Sherborne school.

And in the other direction!

Through the exquisite stonework through to the school buildings.

For the SACS Archives Group. In the right corner are the Archives with the entrance door in the corner. It is not small!

Another view of the school architecture.

Watching Greg Willows in the town men's team in action in the field. The two Lancaster Bombers flew over us and did a few circuits accross the countryside. Magnificent sight.

Mardeen and Alan's new home in Sherborne built in the early 1900's. Some work to do, but a quaint and homely abode.

One of the Boarding Houses at Sherborne College. Thought the Rosedalians would like this.

Beautiful stonework of this church building from the 1100's.

A beautiful little country pub near Sherborne.

This MG TD (I think) for Chris Champion and my brother Michael who always yearned for one.


Alan and I with our little beers. So very good to spend time with the family. Last time I was there was in 1993!

Pork Pies and tomoato chutney. I love English Pork pies.

Sherborne station on my way back to London.

Waterloo again.

Summer weather in London as I walked with Richard Found.

On the Gondola which was built for the 2012 Olympics. Great view spoiled by the rain.

Looking down an inlet along the Thames at Canary Warf..

Reuters and the latest news on the screen.



Richard Found and I. It was so good to see my colleague and friend again. I have missed him very much since he left SACS. Wonderful afternoon together catching up.

Cutty Sark. Still in the rain!

Such a wonderful time with Austin Hardiman. This was a welcome 'fry-up' at a really nice little Grill in London. Austin has boundless energy and a magic sense of humour and fun.

...and the London bus!

Royal Society. I just had to walk n to say that I have been there. A place of amazing history and antiquity.

Tea and Scones and Strawberry Jam with Clotted Cream at Fortnum and Masons with Austin. Bit of magic. I did this in 1993 last.

Piccadilly Circus and still raining.


Quick 'selfie' with Austin as the rain teemed down still.

With my cousins Ann and Sue in East Finchley where Ann and Dougie live. Sue was over from Blacksburg Virginia USA. Such a wonderful time together. Luckily I was able to see them again for another wonderful supper and breakfast together. Both are such amazing people and a privilege to be with them in London on my journey. A special time of catching up, reminiscing and what is new.
The journey continues.



1 comment: