Sunday 5 January 2014

Amazing time with Doug and Christine and family

Snow shoeing
 So after the snow storm we had a balmy, but very cold day with the sun shining brightly from a clear blue sky. Doug and I donned snow shoes and heavy duty 'snow-proof' leggings and headed out to the gold course owned by Donald Trump, who is not my favourite person!

So here is me in 'snow gear' and 'walking sticks' taken by Doug.

Snow drifts as a result of the wind
Sledding in Doug's yard
The crew with sledding tyres
Out on the golf course snow shoeing
 Some bug has just scrambled the photo's and I don't want to fiddle anymore, so I will write about each photo by caption.

The photo of the snow drifts was taken by Doug as it created awesome patterns with the shadows cast making it easy to see these unique patterns.

The snow varied in depth, so sometimes it was easy going and others tougher, but every now and again we were able to slide sideways into bunkers. Some guys had cleared the ice and created a small ice rink and the ice was pretty thick, so it was fun for them.





This shot is in Doug and Christine's yard. Just a short slope, but we had great fun sliding down. Doug made a jump eventually and the kids tried trick slides by putting a small tube on the big one and trying to jump off the big one on the jumps. Pretty successful, but some massive spills. Christine video'd my jump. Great fun.






Here the kids are with Sebastian behind the big tube ready to jump and Madeline and her friend Cece in pink. Spent a good hour and a bit for more good exercise.










Back to me on the golf course. We did some great bird spotting and the prettiest a Cardinal and the most were two skeins of Canada Geese that each came in separately to a clear patch of grass on a slope. Saw three deer and a myriad of tracks from squirrels, mice and what looked like a galloping Coyote track and a rabbit track.







The Camry
Here is Christine's Camry. Their 4th car. Doug has given this car to me for the duration of my stay in the
USA. Now that is true friendship. I was astounded
when they said I should take it and bring it back in
June!

This will make my trip so much easier. I can now move whenever I wish to and leave the Camry with friends when I am in Mexico and the Caribbean. I will drive across Canada now instead of by train. I am still astounded by this amazing offer. Paul Gilliomee is going to be so jealous as he is a Camry fan of note,

Front of the TESLA
This is the front end of Doug's TESLA. What an awesome car it is. I watched an article on TV about
 it in Norway where they have bought it by the
thousands. They have amazing powering stations to
Power them up for the approximately 300 kilometer
range.

Nice to know it is a creation of Elon Musk from Pretoria Boys High School in South Africa. Yay SAFFA!

Moving to Doug's folks tonight. Cheers till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment