Thursday 16 January 2014

Finally the photo's

Sunrise at Lee and Mary in Chappaqua

Mary preparing the Malva pudding

Snow falling again
 So here are some of the photo's that I took while with Lee and Mary Rohde in Chappaqua, New York. They have a magic home which Lee has converted from what appears to have been an old Apple Cider Barn to a really amazing home. He is a master carpenter and woodworker as well as a wood turner. He used to be a top guy at IBM.      
Mary is a magic chef. She makes amazing dishes for every meal. Some just straightforward meals, but all from good whole food and not in huge portions, just satisfactory amounts. So good.Here is her first attempt at a Malva pudding and was it tasty. Just like home,

The cold snap caused by the Polar Vortex came and drilled us and then left, so now the temperature hovers around freezing at night and goes up a bit during the day to around 10 - 15C mostly. Layering clothes is the warm way, but boy do I dislike wearing so many clothes. I like as few as possible hung around me.
On my way from Chappaqua to Bethany to be back with Tim and Barbara Haag, it rained solidly all the way. I used the same roads - I95, Route 8 and the Merritt Parkway to get to Bethany as I did in 1997 when I was working in White Plains. Bit of deja vu as I was tooling along at 100 kph. That's the speed limit. On the Merritt Parkway, no trucks, just cars and SUV's and vans and RV's and 'bakkies/utes/pickups'

The finished Malva pudding. Yum!
I will be moving around while in this region. Next to Danbury to visit Maureen Shanley who I taught with and met through Tim. Then to NYC to see Richard Boliter from SACS days and Victor Corona from my teaching here in the USA. Hope to see Chris Duncan, SACS too while in NYC. Then off to New Jersey to visit with Mark Browne SACS and then up to South Hero Island to visit with Dave and Barb Carter, my Godson Alan's
(SACS) parents-in-law.

On around 21st, off to Ski weekend in Northern NY
and then on 23 February the long trip begins first to
DC to Alan and Erin.

Meanwhile I continue to struggle to download photo's from my camera to blog or Face Book.
The latter have not succeeded in doing yet.  I will have to ask Richard when in NYC.



No comments:

Post a Comment